January 25, 2011

Fashion Week part I

The fashion week bonanza is already busy rocking Amsterdam with shows, exhibitions, events en presentations. So I am all thrilled and excited. I won't be going to too many shows because there are just a few exciting talents. But, I will run in and out the Westergas area and check some pop-up stores, galleries and presentations here and there.

Yesterday I attended the opening at suikerdepôt/nuzyn, where fORS presented their second collection for A/W 2011. Inspired by the image of men, they came up with a multilayered collection for men and women that plays with the current ambiguous state of masculinity. The clothes presented in an installation mixing video, photography and the collection's garments. Huh? Yeah, just go there and see for yourself. It’s really cool!

The exhibition runs from the 25th until the 30th January. Location : Prinsengracht 463. http://www.the-fors.com/